[Edu-sig] K-16 CS/math hybrid

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Tue May 10 10:13:30 CEST 2005

> Useful:  say I've ripped 1,000 CDs to MP3 but wasn't on the internet at the
> time and so didn't have access to a CDDB.  Now I do, and using artist and
> album (recorded as folder names) my hope is to post hoc populate my MP3
> files with song titles and play times.
>
> Is this doable with Python?  I don't actually know.  I know there're
> bindings to MP3 files, but is album name and artist sufficient to do a CDDB
> lookup?

I know you're talking about learning to program/programming to learn, but
it can't hurt to know some Python tools already out there that do these
things, sources included, of course.

I used to this with Jack:
http://jack.sourceforge.net/

Nowadays I use mBox:
http://www.mbox.wz.cz/

--
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

Religions (plural) add nothing to my life except problems or limitations,
so I'm not interested in them.
 -- Eugenio Morassi, April 2005