[Edu-sig] Edu-sig Digest, Vol 22, Issue 26

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Tue Jun 28 13:47:10 CEST 2005

  _____

From: adDoc's networker Phil [mailto:dr.addn at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 2:21 AM
To: guido at python.org
Cc: Arthur; edu-sig at python.org; Torrance Art
Subject: Re: [Edu-sig] Edu-sig Digest, Vol 22, Issue 26

>. it is my hope that the Alice system as I envision it,
>can teach all normal preschoolers to program in Python .

Why wait to preschool? A clear lack of Vision.

Seems to me that the manual crib toy is an artifact of the past, and does
not properly prepare the child for what will be expected of him at
pre-school.  Seems to be the Behaviorists had the right idea about early
programming education.  Let the infant learn how to push the right buttons
in the right order when he/she expects to me fed. It's early training for
the world they will inhabit, and therefore for their own good.

Art.