[Edu-sig] re: Naming in Python

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Jan 30 12:15:55 CET 2005

Wittgenstein, huh?

In an introduction to one of Wittgenstein's books, Bertrand Russell notes
the influence of projective geometry on Wittgenstein - saying something to
the effect that Wittgenstein applied projective geometry concepts to
linguistics.

Getting past Russell's introduction and into Wittgenstein writing itself, I
pretty much get nowhere.  It is a case where I would need to be taught - get
some guidance from someone who has broken through.  Or perhaps I don't have
the background in philosophical ideas and history, to understand the context
of Wittgenstein's thought.

Maybe a break-out session on Wittgenstein at PyCon ;)