[Edu-sig] Building the School of the Future (Microsoft style)

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Mon Jan 10 19:15:42 CET 2005

It will be interesting to follow developments here:

http://www.microsoft.com/education/schooloffuture.aspx

Needless to say, I have my concerns.

 - technology becoming disruptive of the traditional understanding of the appropriate relationship between the business enterprise and public education.

I feel it necessary to comment that I am not anti-Microsft in the sense that might be assumed by expressing my concerns here.

And one could argue that disruption of/to a failing system can only be for the good.

I think that there are deeper reasons to believe that this is a from the frying pan, into the fire situation.