[Edu-sig] New graphics library (beta version)

John Zelle john.zelle at wartburg.edu
Sat Jan 1 18:57:44 CET 2005

Thanks to those of you who tried this out. I managed to get another day
to work on it, and I'm satisfied that what I have now is a major
improvement from the previous (non-threaded) version. I've tested it
fairly thoroughly under Linux (I do have a test suite, but a lot of the
checks have to be visual) and have had good reports from others under
Windows. I've decided to go ahead and release it. We'll definitely be
using it here this winter term.

The newest version improves on the beta version I sent out earlier by
adding some important error checking. This version should not leave any
hanging threads. Anyone who wants to update to the newest version can
find it on my Python page:

http://mcsp.wartburg.edu/zelle/python

I've also updated the documentation there to match the newest version.

--John