[Edu-sig] New Functional Geometry

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Feb 16 17:50:31 CET 2005

Patrick Logan's weblog, digested on PlanetPython, points to what
seems to be a very interesting treatise on geometry and functional
programming:

http://patricklogan.blogspot.com/2005/02/new-functional-geometry.html

There seems to be some consensus, or at least general interest, in
graphics programming as a means to some ends in an educational
setting.

Apple is at 88 this morning.  On pace.

So while I have unilaterally decided my stock is high, I am
composing in my head a short manifesto on the subject of
graphics programming in an educational setting  - on why
some general consensus on this makes so much sense,
and how it might be put in some historical context and
given more weight.

The central figure in my thinking being Felix Klein.

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Klein.html

Hope to have something up on this over the weekend.