[Edu-sig] Financial calculation

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Feb 11 20:42:48 CET 2005

Having checked the archives:

On Dec 26,  when Apple Computer was selling near it's then historical high
of $64, I had mentioned that my friend still considered it a good buy.

Apple today announce a 2-for 1 stock split, and is selling at around $81.

By my quick calculations, this represents a rate of annualized return
of approximately 500%.

If we had bought one share of Apple on Dec 27, and then extrapolate
the  return realized to date over 10 years, I think we end up with
nearly $4,000,000,000 at the end of a ten year period.

Almost enough to fund Python3.0.

The Apple mention was as far as I am aware the only mention of
stock values and investment ever made on edu-sig.

This would lead me to believe that Python edu-sig probably has the
right to claim itself to have the best track record for investment advice
of any forum on the Web.

Though maybe my calculations need to be checked, in Python.

And I still don't own any Apple.