[Edu-sig] Design patterns

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Aug 24 12:36:10 CEST 2005

Yup. You're beating a dead horse.

Everything I can find about properties in Java and C# relate it to
encapsulation and data hiding.

Everything I can find about Python relate that the language does not attempt
to support encapsulation and data hiding in the Java and C# sense.

I might be a dead horse who is dead wrong, but the issue about how
properties fit into Python is certainly not straightforward in the least,
and responding as if it were is grossly unfair - to the question raised.