[Edu-sig] Design patterns

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Aug 24 03:10:24 CEST 2005

That's one way to attempt to characterize my point - or Graham's point, for
that matter.

Except that it of course misses the point. And is a bit obnoxious.

The usual.

My target, if anything, is not Python - but the pressure on it to be more
Java and C# like.

But more to my point is the fact that I don't expect my programming language
to solve the problem of decoupling my API from my code. Because I don't
expect it to be a solvable problem.

Seems to me to make more sense if my programming language provides the
environment for deriving concrete solutions to defined problems.

And project management tools (and human beings interacting with human
beings) manage phase-in and change.

Whatever.