[Edu-sig] Postmortem of my OSCON talk

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Thu Aug 4 15:50:54 CEST 2005

First let me address number 8, positively.  Because I am positive that open
source is a significant and important + mark.

Barry Warsaw has a blog with one entry:

Learning by Breaking

Open source software is eminently breakable - and therefore eminently
suitable for learning.

But the prospect of making this an effective selling point  - no matter how
saliently true it might be under a particular circumstance - is so daunting
as to seem foolhardy.

And I keep coming of against that - what seems true seems foolhardy to
pursue.

So I tend to fall back on an instinct to fight to call a halt to the process
in its entirety.