[Edu-sig] Re: Beyond CP4E

Lloyd Hugh Allen chandrakirti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 00:56:39 CEST 2005

Ummmm....topic? I don't want to add another post to this thread,
because it has gone long enough. And I don't want to be that guy, but
if it goes much further, then (not that anyone else should care) I may
go ahead and put myself on hiatus from this sig for a while.

Gmail treats threads really well, so it's easy to go back and look at
posting patterns. There seems to be a lot of
the-same-person-making-five-posts-in-a-row, and then someone else
doing the same thing. And Python has been mentioned only tangentially
over the last several posts.

I would really like to actively read this sig, because next semester
I'm going to be using Python as a vehicle for something like half of
the first quarter of a semester-long Survey of Programming Languages
course at the high school level, for students who have already taken a
mandatory year-long course in Java (the choice of language for the
year-long course was determined by the language on the AP Comp Sci
course).

I also recognize that I sometimes veer away from our Objective myself,
and that every once in a while I probably reply to myself, myself. And
I hope that I don't sound self-righteous. But I would suggest that
this thread may (recently) have had a bit more noise than signal, at
least according to the kind of traffic that I was expecting to hear.

Thanks, sorry if I have offended,
Lloyd