[Edu-sig] Beyond CP4E

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Apr 17 00:14:01 CEST 2005

Well we haven't discussed governments.  Let's assume corporations won't do
the right (ecologically, for example) unless government makes them. And
hopefully the government represents the people, and the people makes the
government make them. It seems to work, in spurts, at least.

Kirby and I have agreed off line that the system has allowed criminals too
often to hide behind corporate shields, and crimes end up not being punished
as they should.  When the punishment for a crime becomes nothing more than a
cost of business, then committing the crime can be a rational business
decision.  A system where committing crimes can become a rational business
decision is not the best of systems.  But there even seems to be improvement
on this score.

>  | No beefs.

>  What was *really* "invented" ? We talk about the (re-)invention of the
> wheel
>  all the time. When was it invented, by whom ?

Alan Kay,  4032B.C.