[Edu-sig] Beyond CP4E

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Apr 15 19:34:24 CEST 2005

> > I refuse to fall easy prey to some stereotyped view that "computers are
> > appropriate for math and science and engineering, but have no real place
> > when it comes to the humanities."  Balderdash I say.  Humbug.  Utter BS.
> > The C.P. Snow chasm needs to be closed, not celebrated.
>
> You go fight with nature of things.
>
> I got better things to do.

Let me restate that.

I find no dividing line between mathematics, science, engineering and the
humanities.

My sense of history is at this point intimately related to my sense of the
history of science.

Technology has some benefits for certain of the humanities - its all that to
me - and little needs to be expected of it for some of the others.