[Edu-sig] "Croquet Project" and Python ?

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Oct 20 15:09:24 CEST 2004

Francois writes -

> I recently discovered the  new "croquet project":
> http://www.opencroquet.org
>
> But it's Squeak based :-(

Let me ask the question generally.

What do see in croquet that is connected to education? What is the
importance within an educational setting of collaboration in virtual 3d
space? Compared, for example, to collaboration-in-the-flesh,

The use of technology in compensation for real handicaps is wonderful.

But when we get to the point of looking to technology to compensation for
handicaps that may themselves be virtual -  technologically induced hypnotic
suggestions of handicaps - yucko.