[Edu-sig] Fwd: [Fwd: Why we need "Fat Python"]

Michael McLay mmclay at comcast.net
Wed May 26 10:55:03 EDT 2004

Jeff's message to this list bounced for some reason. He asked that I forward
it to the list. I agree with Jeff that we need to get Python made a
requirement for the NOCTI exam. I'd also like to see the requirement for
Visual Basic dropped. That is a proprietary technology that may not be
available to someone who does not have access to a Windows computer. Anything
that can be done in Visual Basic also can be done with Python (with the Glade
tool if you need to demonstrate the development of a GUI application.)