[Edu-sig] Network-safe Python Install for school use?

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Fri Mar 19 01:39:24 EST 2004

On Thursday 18 March 2004 09:30 pm, BJ MacNevin wrote:

> Any ideas? I'm frustrated beyond belief at my district's rigidity here.
>
> Thanks!
>
> BJ MacNevin

Sounds rigid indeed.  My daughter's public school has a computer lab with
Python installed on every machine (Windows).  But I'm not sure if they're
networked, probably not.

If they're worried about Python, is there any programming language they're not
worried about (e.g. Java?).  If so, what's the reasoning?  Why pick on
Python?  Or maybe they just aren't into programming, period, because it's so
"dangerous".