[Edu-sig] Re: VPython

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Thu Jun 3 10:33:07 EDT 2004

> Ah... I agree there is little to do on unix.  I thought you were doing
> NT / 2K / XP / ....  Do you know who I should contact (I expect the
> answer is sure)?
>
> -Scott David Daniels
> Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org

Not sure whom to contact, but I bet povray.org gives some ideas.

I /do/ sometimes invoke pvengine on a Windows machine the same way.  I'm
automating animations, doing 270-300 frames over a few hours, with Python
generating the povray .inc files from a spreadsheet (where the bulk of the
information is saved).

My goal is to have the same process work on either platform.  But in
distributing this code, I wouldn't try to distribute povray as something
hidden or behind the scenes.  I'd just say "get POV-Ray and install it --
you can use it for *lot's* of other things, then enter a path to it here: [
]."