[Edu-sig] Snack question

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rodrigo.senra at terra.com.br
Fri Jul 23 01:52:31 CEST 2004

 | >I'm a novice Python programmer who wants to use Snatch. I have everything installed correctly as far as I can tell. But when I try to play something I get an error that says I failed to set the number of channels. Here's what I get:

 | >Traceback (most recent call last):
 | >  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
 | >  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/tkSnack.py", line 277, in play
 | >    self.tk.call((self.name, 'play') + self._options(kw))
 | >TclError: Failed setting number of channels.
 | >
 | >Any help will be most welcome.

 I'm not a Snack expert, but have you tried with a different
 file other than '/usr/games/chromium/data/wav/music_game.wav' ?
 Perhaps this file uses more sound channels than your hardware have.
 Just a wild guess.

 best regards,
 Senra

   ,_
   | )          Rodrigo Senra       <rsenra |at| acm.org>
 _(    (|__|]   GPr Sistemas http://www.gpr.com.br
_ |    (|___|]  IC - Unicamp http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~921234