[Edu-sig] Reversing dictionaries, closures, permutations etc.

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Sat Jan 24 09:56:14 EST 2004

On Friday 23 January 2004 07:50 pm, Kirby Urner wrote:
> What I'm thinking about in this thread is a way to define functions and
> inverse functions in a namespace, then pass them to a class P so that
> operator overloading will allow:

I have to confess that you lost me somewhere below this point (I'll
reread it until I get it), but this is the sort of thing UserDict is for, right?
I know Zope subclasses it to get the PersistentMapping class -- it
gives you the basic dictionary interface, which you can then build
on.

Cheers,
Terry