[Edu-sig] New Findings Shake Up Open-Source Debate

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Jan 17 10:55:24 EST 2004

"""
New Findings Shake Up Open-Source Debate

By Mike Martin
NewsFactor Network
September 18, 2003 1:26PM

Our model "shows that closed-source projects are always slower to converge
to a bug-free state than bazaar open-source projects," say theoretical
physicists Damien Challet and Yann Le Du.

"""
http://sci.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=22319

Which is, I think, relevant to my sense of the growing significance of
Python to the scientific community. The related academic community.

Own of the researchers on the project is a research fellow in theoretical
physics, at Oxford.  And a Python user - though the article doesn't mention
Python directly. I know this, because (I am proud to say) he contacted me
regarding PyGeo.  Which is why/how I came across the article.