[Edu-sig] RE: intell adoption problem

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Tue Jan 6 08:08:31 EST 2004

Michael -

> No need for red flags.

That's a matter of opinion.

Funding is like most things connected to $.  It's largely a matter of what
you are willing to do for it.

BNCGroup has an agenda they are unashamed to call poltical. I have no
problem with that Escept that they are in effect telling us that hooking up
with Python is a tactical move in furtherance of *their* agenda. It appears
that's the beginning and end to their interest in Python - its sex appeal in
a funding proposal.

And you are saying that, in effect, you don't need to support (or
understand) the BNCGroup's agenda to support the effort, since by your
lights, it is good for Python.

But what is really being talked about is influencing the direction of K-12
education. Except we are not really allowed to understand how and in what
direction. Unless we are willing to take a semester of two off, and learn a
new language.

Except this is edu-sig.  We are supposed to have an interest in the subject.

To some of us, it outweighs our interest in Python.

No red flags?