[Edu-sig] conversation is unnecessarily burdened

portal portal at ontologystream.com
Sun Jan 4 13:34:21 EST 2004

Art,

my sense is that we, or at least my group, have other things to do than to
prove you wrong.

I am not even sure which point you might be addressing.  Some things you say
seems ok to me, and other things seems obviously incorrect or at least based
on misunderstanding (either mine or yours).

The "distrust" in the BCNGroup Charter seems just weird.  If the distrust is
because you do not have the specific background that is required to
understand most of the issues, then this can be addressed by working with
myself or others to learn what your background is missing.

If the material that is missing is not considered important to you, than
perhaps this conversation need not have ever happened.  It would be your
choice.  Perhaps you might let others in the group express their opinion and
interest?

There are many things that one can become a master of , and I can
acknowledge that you have a good mind and a scholarly sense - but that you
do not understand something might rather lead to an interest in what you do
not know rather than a communication of distrust.  ?

I am not really interested in your defining the discussion space in this
way.  We have seen this before, it is most often wasteful.

It is possible that the effort is being wasted, and should be discontinued
unless anyone else is speaking for this Python community?

We do not need permission and we may choose to not use Python.

The conversation is unnecessarily burdened at this point to see into the
nature of the proposition that the National Project brings.