[Edu-sig] RE: intell adoption problem

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Jan 4 13:30:51 EST 2004

Do you invest in DAML technology?
http://www.daml.org/
Your lingo seems partially overlapping.

A science fiction scenario wherein your technology has been implemented and
is on the job, doing its thing, might be useful, in terms of getting across
what you want to accomplish, and using more outside-the-beltway layman
terms.

Is it Google on steroids, with the ability to retrieve web pages based on
natural language heuristics?  At least Google is a business model that
people already understand (sort of), and Python is used.

I'm not sure why your angle on Python needs to focus on "Python 3" i.e. are
there some specific features missing from 2.3 that you'd need to get your
work done?

The "new features" thread is not front and center on this list I think it's
safe to say, although we've recently had a thread on getting a new decimal
type included (Guido has announced in other venues that this is already a
goal).

Perl 6 might have some features you'd consider exciting.  Are you looking
ahead to that?