[Edu-sig] Hello, I'm Tim...

The Bauman Family baumanpdx at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 01:01:57 CET 2004

> My son thought the video hysterical.  I thought it interesting.  I wonder
> what you think of it.

Yeah I guess it's interesting; not funny. It maily is talking about some
newsgroup thing, when HTTP and websites ended up being the big thing
(but this news show was before Netscape, wasn't it?).They say the
advantage is that "there's a table marked football", and today those
advantages are mostly gone. Most people use email or IM to communicate,
which isn't like that. Also there are forums or mailing lists like this,
but the average internet user doesn't use it communicate; they use it
for Google or Amazon.com.

> You may need Windows to view it. I hope you can scratch up a partition
> somewhere where you might be running that particular operating system
> ;) .

Yeah I had to switch to Windows. Sound on Linux doesn't work, because
the version of Alsa that Mandrake 10.0 came with doesn't have support
for my sound card and there's no RPM for a newer version and compiling
it didn't work. If I took the time to upgrade, I would get a new
version. Also Totem Media Player, which Mandrake uses by default,
doesn't work with WMVs very well (it tryed downloading a plugin, but
nothing happened) for some reason.

Tim.

--
Visit my website: (and please be a supporter of free trade, free
software, phr33 s0ftware, free dom, and free propoganda by giving