[Edu-sig] re: Pygeo, platforms, wx and Tk

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Dec 15 13:50:44 CET 2004

Kent writes -

> Thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize that the two panels are using
> different GUI frameworks.
> I don't know how to make that work...
>
> Kent

Well, that's 2 of us anyway ;)

I'm suspecting that I will have more flexibility when VPython moves from
GTK1 to GTK2.  But that might too, be wrong.

FWIW, Arnd had recently mentioned coming to a solution that included the
ipython interactive shell, when Idle could not serve his needs - because of
its use of sockets.

It turns out I can't use ipython to serve my needs with VPython, because it
suffers from the same disease as did the old Idle - and which Idle solved
with the use of sockets. It closes when I close a VPython display

Life sucks ;)