[Edu-sig] Re: Acadmic gender gap (was Thoughts)

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sat Dec 11 08:37:43 CET 2004

>Basically, we need to remember that computers have a very strong role and
>following in *the humanities* (quick takes of statues, classical buildings,
>Mona Lisa, Bart Simpson... sound track -- I can hear it, from 'Jesus Christ
>Superstar', a kind of mega-flash forward on all that his story would
>become).

Oh, and hey, my apologies if anyone was offended by having Bart and Jesus in
the same paragraph.  I figured that since 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' a
musical, right up there with 'Hair' in terms of hippie ratings, was
*already* offensive (I was living in Rome when it broke as I recall -- or
maybe I just read about it later)... if you're gonna sin, might as well
piggy-back on a bigger one (like that wax museum stunt -- good one).

G'night now.