[Edu-sig] Acadmic gender gap (was Thoughts)

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Wed Dec 8 17:42:08 CET 2004

> Which leaves the alternative, at least for those of us unaffiliated,  to
> rant at them.  Or at least that is the only alternative I have been able
> to see.
>
> But nobody likes a ranter.
>
> I should know ;)
>
> Art

Those with money who don't like the science party line of the day, are
likely to create affiliations out of whole cloth, and fund counter-science.

In the global warming department, you'll find the Hoover Institute with
funding from Scaife, pushing back against the UCSD Scripps Institution of
Oceanography and National Geographic, for example.

At least that's my current birds eye view, which may be inaccurate, since
global warming is only a peripheral vision thing for me at the moment --
right out there with OWL, DAML and RDF.

In any case, that's an alternative to ranting as an unaffiliated being.
Either make some new friends, or, failing that, buy some.