[Edu-sig] teaching Python

Andrew Carle carle at hamlin.org
Thu Dec 2 18:01:49 CET 2004

While we're on the subject of very young students, I thought I should
stick my head up and mention that I'm using Zelle's text as the basis for
a class of 7th grade girls.  I teach at the Hamlin School in San Francisco
and, while the girls never actually see the Zelle text, I've used it to
structure and scaffold my work with them.  The class also uses a
specialized language for text adventure games (TADS2), but I've really
enjoyed having Python around to teach the computing concepts in a
syntax-light environment.

Andrew Carle
MS Technology
The Hamlin School