[Edu-sig] Re: Teaching graphics with Python (was Introductoryhighschool programming)

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Aug 1 20:51:38 CEST 2004

Arthur:
> As I say, there is no API documented for the facility of subclassing
> brought to VPython through the Boost implementation.
>
> And I suspect not as much attention was given to developing this as an
> intuitive API as there might have been, and wouldn't be surprised if there
> is no intention of the VPython project to document it.  Or at least to
> give documentation of it any priority.

These go together.  By not documenting any API, they're free to give more
thought to changing it later.  Once documented, it's harder to keep
revamping it.

Until there's some documentation, I guess it's very unsafe (in the sense of
future code breakage) to build any real codebase on the new subclassing
features.