[Edu-sig] FW: Vpython and LiveZope

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Mon Oct 6 12:48:58 EDT 2003

Dethe writes:

 > And there is nothing like games to hold attention or motivate kids.

Out of the box Knoppix - from which I am sending - has a menu category
"edutainment".  The mathematics submenu has one entry - "KGeo
(Interactive Geometry)"  - which  might be the next best thing to you
know what.

Games themselves are a separate menu category.

Knoppix is quite, quite nice.

And there is a small logo on boot in the lower right of the screen. A
"K" in a circle. Means it's kosher - where I come from.

Now if I get a machine with two writeable CDs and train Knoppix to
retrieve and burn Knoppix when it boots -do I effectively taken over the
world?

Or is there more to it than that.

;)

Getting LiveZope -  which I am anxious to see -  is a problem.  The
transfer rate I am getting from the server on which it sits is no better
than 5kb, and it bombs if I try to run it overnight.  I will contact the
author for suggestions.