[Edu-sig] Simple Python database application for self-study and training

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 09:15:24 -0700

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 08:03 am, Kirby Urner wrote:
> I don't know of such a setup to offer.  However, as one
who is learning more
> about using Python with both MySQL and PostgreSQL, as
well as wxPython, I'd
> welcome news of what you find out.

IMHO, the *easiest* interface to use with SQL (at least
with MySQL) is the "ZSQL" built into Zope.  I went from
that to using the DB APIs in the standard library, and it
was kind of a block.  I'm sure there's an advantage to
doing it that way (it's probably more explicit), but for
getting started, I think the ZSQL/DTML approach is awfully
nice.

So, I wonder if there's any way to use it outside of Zope?
Otherwise, you're kind of stuck with web applications.

Cheers,
Terry