[Edu-sig] Report from the field

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
08 May 2003 13:30:05 -0500

"Kirby Urner" <urnerk@qwest.net> writes:

> I'm heading down to Powell's Technical today, realizing I need to own
> a copy of The Zope Bible, which gets more technical than some of the
> others, and shows how to interact directly with the ZODB (Zope object
> database) from within the Python shell.  That's the kind of low level
> stuff I need a better handle on.

I haven't done it in a while, but you should be able to navigate a
ZODB using PyCrust, which gives you autocompletion and the namespace
tree view, both of which make it much easier to figure out what
exactly is in a ZODB database.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien