[Edu-sig] Simple simulation exercises

Tim Wilson wilson@visi.com
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:32:30 -0600

Hi everyone,

My students have been working on OOP for a few weeks now, and I think many
of them are ready to dig into a little meatier project. My first thought
was some sort of a simulation problem. (I just read the article referenced
in the Daily Python-URL. Good timing. [1])

I'm looking for ideas. What sort of simulation exercise is effective for
beginning programmers. I seem to recall working on a traffic simulation
years ago in college. But I don't remember the implementation details at
all anymore.

Thoughts?

-Tim

[1] Mueller, Klaus and Tony Vignaux, SimPy: Simulating Systems in Python,
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2003/02/27/simpy.html

--
Tim Wilson
Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA