[Edu-sig] re: Where mathematics comes from

Arthur Arthur" <ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:10:19 -0500

>So when do we get the new distro, with the site-packages locus,
>rationalize Vpython and all that.  I eagerly await the new and
>improved

Pretty much there as to the Windows distribution.  Took some doing with
VPython - since I want to go all the way and be able to provide a Windows
source distro.  Took me a while to get to the fact that I had to use the
custom compile flags option of the distutils to successfully compile VPython
under VC6.

So I have at this point Windows source distro and Windows self installing
exe for both VPython and PyGeo.

Have to decide whether to try to combine them into one distro.  Any opinion?

Got permission to wipe my wife's old machine and install Linux. So I guess
that's the next step.  But I'm a weekend warrior at this point.  So it will
be slower than I would wish.

Art