[Edu-sig] Idle for Mac?

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:05:43 -0600

On Saturday 25 January 2003 10:58 am, Christian Mascher wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am used to working with Python on Windows at our school. Unfortunately
> I will probably have to use "the other computer room" with macintosh
> computers in the near future. So I would be happy to install python on
> those machines. At least I get python anywhere ;-)
>
> Sadly, looking into the archives, it seams as if I wouldn't be able to
> use the Idle shell under MacOS. Does anybody in this group know if
> Idlefork might work? And does this only go with OSX?

If all you need is a Python shell, the PyCrust shell that you get with
wxPython works well on the Mac. At least with OSX, that is. (Not that I
have a Mac myself.) Details are on the wxPython website:

wxPython: http://www.wxpython.org/

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien