[Edu-sig] On-Topic: LinuxFormat Magazine

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:20:04 -0600

On Thursday 23 January 2003 11:02 pm, Kirby Urner wrote:
> PS:  any way to turn off those line numbers in the shell?

I haven't created a simple configuration option for that, and you're the
first to ask for it. But the shell itself is programmable, so this will
narrow the left margin, at least for the current session:

>>> shell.SetMarginWidth(1, 0)

The shell object is actually an instance of a "facade" that simplifies the
options displayed. To see all the options for the "real" shell object,
type:

>>> shell.other.

Then you'll see an autocomplete list of the available attributes and
methods. The example I gave you is equivalent to:

>>> shell.other.SetMarginWidth(1, 0)

> Nevermind, I need to read the docs.

What docs? "Insert your favorite reference to the children of shoemakers
here." <wink>

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien