[Edu-sig] re: license

Arthur Arthur" <ajs@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:45:27 -0500

Jason

> What's the definition?

"""What has changed is that I feel less helpless and resigned to the
situation.
"""

The point I am trying to make is that before undertaking the (very
tolerable) learning curve of distutils, a situation that I found quite
intolerable, seemed pretty insurmountable.

That breeds hostility - true enough.

With disutils under my belt, I am much better able to take the situation
into my own hands, as I see fit.  Less dependency. More self-sufficiency.
Less hostility. Those kinds of good things. From learning some coding, is
all.

Slightly related:

Linux gave me a sense of what's under the hood of an operating system, and
gave me some sense of self-sufficiency and a sense of having options.  The
Linux folks are probably not going be glad to here this - and I don't blame
them - but I can actually live with Windows better knowing that I have a
viable alternative, than I could if I didn't. Linux actually made me *less*
hostile toward Windows.  Just a pondering point.

Art