[Edu-sig] re: license

Arthur Arthur" <ajs@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:59:36 -0500

 >Only in  the last few weeks have you started to pay attention to stuff
like
> that (thanks in part to promptings from Guido).  And now that you
> are, VPython is on your shit list, and you're on the war path.

Not fair.

My issue with the VPython overwrite of the index.html is also archived and
is probably 6 months old.  My discussion on the issue was never general.
Just to make sure it was not a tecfhnical issue that Sherwood thought he
faced, I recommended a very specific fix. The one discussed here.  VIdle
gets the VPython help.  The Python index.html stays as it is.  4 keystrokes.
All reasoanble concerns handled. Rejected.

What has changed is that I feel less helpless and resigned to the situation.

Guido urging me to undertake disutils was the key to that.  I thanked him.
And have no problem thanking him again.

Thanks.

Art