[Edu-sig] re: Elegant copy-by-value

Jaime E. Villate villate@gnu.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:58:47 +0000

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 11:07:10AM -0500, Arthur wrote:
> >Edu-sig is not the forum to discuss language additions.
> >--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)
>
> I am having trouble digesting that as a fully appropriate response to my
> question.
>
> And I think there has in fact been a history of such discussions here. And
> not at all instigated by me, in most cases.
>
> That is when such changes were thought to have a direct impact on Python as
> a learning language, or Python in a learning process.
>
> Which is my *only* interest in the built_in copy issue.

But please keep in mind that some of us in this list joined the list to talk
about "Python in Education - Computer Programming for Everybody" and cannot
give you any feedback in your discussions about language additions. On the
other hand, there must be some other list where python-language-additions guys
use to hang around.

> Alternatively, you might want to clarify for me what *is* the forum.

hasn't he clarify it in http://www.python.org/sigs/edu-sig/ ?
That's what I read when I decided to join this forum.

Cheers,
Jaime