[Edu-sig] Fw: pyGeo problems: linux progress : an oddity

Arthur Arthur" <ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:21:18 -0500

>After unzipping PyGeo, what is left behind?  A directory named PyGeo
>or just a bunch of .py files?

There is a PyGeo directory with a number of files I consider "top-level",
and sub-directories for docs,examples, utils, and a directory for some
modules for  classes that are "abstract", i.e. not called directly by a
PyGeo construction script.  But what is in top-level and what below is in a
number of cases arbitrary, and I am rethinking it in connection with getting
my arms around a distutils distribution.

>I think Art does all his development on Windows;

Is so. Got comfortable with a particular text editor and seem to be
inertia - ed there for the time being.

> it may be that he is case-inconsistent in the spelling some module name
and that that
>causes the problem.

Or some kind of "encoding"  (Windows/DOS vs ANSI) or some such ? issue on
the PyGeo.pth file?
The "fault" of this self-same Windows text editor to which I am devoted?

I assume you have tried leaving all else as is in the distro, and deleting
the PyGeo.pth file that came with it and recreating it in Linux.

>But I have no time to download PyGeo and poke at it. :-(

Can't understand where this man's priorities are.  :)

Art