[Edu-sig] Fw: pyGeo problems: linux progress

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:14:45 -0500

> I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me respond to Gary.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Art

There are several solutions:

- You can set the environment variable PYTHONPATH to point to
  /usr/lib/python2.2/PyGeo: assuming a bash shell:

  $ PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.2/PyGeo
  $ export PYTHONPATH
  $ python yourscript.py

- You can copy the *contents* of PyGeo into
  /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages (a directory that *is* on the
  path by default).

- You can create a file "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PyGeo.pth"
  whose contents is one line containing the single string

    /usr/lib/python2.2/PyGeo

  (left-aligned, no spaces before or after on the same line).