[Edu-sig] re: Python Programming: An Introduction to ComputerScience

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Dec 17 16:31:37 EST 2003

> Business people and 12 year olds have about the same level of
> tolerance for learning arcane programming languages.

I know I'm taking this out of context, but I think you're wrong about
the 12 year olds.  Teenagers will spend *endless* amounts of time
decyphering arcane stuff if there's a bounty to be had.  Witness all
the young computer criminals -- they've had to master a lot of very
arcane tools to perpetrate their crimes.  Viruses for example are one
of the the last kind of software industry that are still mostly
written in assembler language.