[Edu-sig] LIVEWIRES Package problems...

John Zelle john.zelle at wartburg.edu
Sun Dec 14 11:22:21 EST 2003

I have never used the LIVEWIRES material, so I don't have specific
knowledge. I was wondering if you are running this out of IDLE. The new
version of IDLE (by default) does not merge the event-loops of Tk
subprocesses. This leaves some graphics packages apparently unresponsive
when being tested interactively under IDLE. If this is your situation,
try running IDLE with the -n switch, or try using a plain vanilla Python
shell (not IDLE) and see if that solves the problem.

If you are not using IDLE, then just ignore this post, as it clearly
isn't your problem :-)

--John