[Edu-sig] re: Pepakura Designer

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Tue Aug 19 10:03:06 EDT 2003

Jason points out:

 http://www.e-cardmodel.com/pepakura-en/

Yeah.

I happen to like the idea of empahsizing some connection between writing
software, and the tangible realm.  Accomplished by robotics, and this kind
of thing.  Or more simply by a nice color print of something one might
design - via Povray, ala Kirby, for example.

I new client of mine has one of those large format line printers.  An Epson
9000 or something.  I have already warned them that I might show up with a
file of a geometric design I would like to have printed in good quality,
poster-sized.  They seem willing to oblige.

I have also long had the idea of creating something that allowed one to
design a hexaflexagon -   a folding paper thingy - and have it printed so it
could be folded and used.

But it reqires printing on long strips of paper, and requires some 2 sided
printing.  Don't know quite how to get it done.