[Edu-sig] re: The PyGame approach to installing

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Tue Aug 12 19:13:53 EDT 2003

Markus -

>You are right.  After googling for glut32.dll and placing it in the
>windows\system32 folder everything went fine.

Thanks for confirming that.

In fact I heard from Mike Fletcher who explained to me why the PyOpenGL team does not include the glut32 dll in their distro, but assuring me that he didn't believe there were any licensing issues.

Based on your expereince - and I think Kirby's was the same - it seems to me for the purposes of Minimal Python  - whatever those might be - it should be. And it will be.