[Edu-sig] re: Pyro, Python Robotics Pyro

Douglas S. Blank dblank at brynmawr.edu
Mon Aug 11 16:09:14 EDT 2003

Arthur <ajsiegel at optonline.net> said:

> Jason writes -
>
> >Pyro is a library, environment, graphical user interface, and low-level
> >drivers to explore AI and robotics using the Python language.
>
> Getting Pyro up and running seems like a job, even on Linux.  Not sure it is
> even a possibility on Windows.  I had checked the news group, and saw some
> indication of limitations of functionality under Windows.

It isn't as bad as it was 6 months ago. We've removed the dependencies on
OpenGL. We have a group of developers, and getting larger. The ports to
Windows and Mac OS X have just begun (the hard part will be the C vision
code, I think).

This part of a 3-year NSF-funded project. We are just getting together our
first testing schools; next year we will introduce it to the masses.

Any feedback from this group will gladly be incorporated into the
project/code/materials. We do want to make it wasy for any schmos, including
Art :) Even the docs and classroom materials are in a wiki.

Good luck!

-Doug