[Edu-sig] Multiple Python installs

R Duane Skaggs d.skaggs@morehead-st.edu
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:27:36 -0400

Hi,

We have been using Python and VPython in our
intro programming classes for one year now, with
great success.

We also use Python in some of our more advanced
classes, where I plan to discuss the differences
between 2.2 and 2.3 (such as the C3 Method Resolution
Order).

Anyway, what problems can be anticipated with
having multiple installs on the same box? I hadn't
encountered any in the short time I've been playing
with 2.3, but I saw in a recent post (sorry, I forget
who mentioned it!) that there are some problems if
you do the default installs.

thanks,

duane

--