[Edu-sig] Fw: Python sequences by reference - how to make clear

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:24:40 -0400

> That being said, and admitting to having little understanding of the
> full implications of a suggestion to make the copy function as
> built_in, I do believe, all things else being equal (which I suspect
> they are not), it would be quite helpful little amendment to the
> status quo. I use the word "little" - perhaps inappropriately, is
> the problem.

What specific little amendment did you have in mind?  And please don't
tell me that it's my job as the language designer to fix it.  If I
thought it could be fixed I would have, now wouldn't I?