[Edu-sig] Re: rationals

Christopher A. Craig list-python@ccraig.org
11 Oct 2002 09:52:12 -0400

"Kirby Urner" <urnerk@qwest.net> writes:

> The only thing that nags is using two symbols instead of one to
> signify a type.  Complex (1j1) and float (1e1) get away with one
> symbol, which is why 3r2 was somewhat appealing (but the r tends
> to get lost).

Technically, you're only using one symbol.  You could specify a
rational with an integral value with just 'r'.

I should have a reference implementation that does this on Sourceforge
by next Tuesday.

--
Christopher A. Craig <list-python@ccraig.org>
"Parity is for farmers." Seymour Cray on his machines lack of parity