[Edu-sig] re: Types and true division (was Re: strange output)

Arthur ajs@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:01:27 -0400

>Indeed, Art, I'm sick and tired of you.

And I, believe or not, truly wish that weren't so.

>You did not respond to my explanation of the division change using the
>substitutibility rule.  It's a technical issue, whether or not you
>understand it.

I did, in effect.  By stating on a number of occasions that I understand
that the issue goes beyond the first take of the non-programmer.

Have you responding in any serious way to my point about a potentially
harmeful side effect.  In the year over which this has been discussed.

Is my point that fundamenatlly unworthy of reply?  The form of your replies
and non-replies indicates a position that it is.

I respectfully disagree.

Did *you* learn to program with Python?

Art